- Drain the engine coolant.
- Disconnect the ground cable of battery.
- Remove the electrical connector from the sensor.
Remove the coolant temperature sensor.
- Apply sealant to sensor threads. Install the sensor and tighten to 15-29 ft. lbs. (20-39 Nm).
- Connect the coolant sensor to the harness.
- Connect the ground cable of battery.
- Refill the coolant.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Drain the cooling system, as required.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.