- Use a tensioner gauge to measure the adjustment of the accessory drive belt.
Turn the adjusting bolt (Q) clockwise or counterclockwise until a tension of 22 lbs. (98 N) is measured.
Drive Belt Routings
Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.
Removal & Installation
Release tension from drive belt by turning the belt tension adjusting bolt (Q).
- Remove drive belt from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure that the belt is securely installed around all pulleys.
- Rotate the crankshaft several times clockwise to equalize belt tension between the pulleys.
Adjust the drive belt tension.