Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Using a 16mm wrench, rotate the tensioner arm clockwise (about 14°) and remove the accessory drive belt from the pulleys.
- Remove bolt and washer from crankshaft damper and pulley.
Remove crankshaft damper and pulley from crankshaft using a suitable puller.
- Press crankshaft pulley and damper onto crankshaft end.
- Torque bolt to specification: 130-137 ft. lbs. (177-186 Nm).
- Install drive accessory belt.
Using a 16mm wrench, rotate the tensioner arm counterclockwise (about 14°) and check the tension on the accessory drive belt.
- Use a tensioner gauge to measure the adjustment of the accessory drive belt.
Turn the adjusting bolt (Q) clockwise or counterclockwise until a tension of 22 lb. (98 N) is measured.