Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Loosening the bolts in 2 or 3 steps in the order shown, remove the cylinder head assembly.
- Clean the cylinder head and block mating surfaces.
- Install the cylinder head and tighten the bolts in sequence to 76-83 ft. lbs. (103-113 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
- Refill the cooling system to the correct level.
Start the engine and check for leaks.