- With the oil pump removed, visually check the parts of the oil pump case for cracks or damage.
- Assemble the rotor on the oil pump and then check the following clearances with a feeler gauge:
- Check the relief plunger for smooth operation.
- Check the relief spring for deformation or a break.
- Check the surface that mates with the oil filter for any damage.
- Check the oil filter bracket for cracks and oil leakage.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the engine oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install the oil pump case with the gasket and tighten as follows:
- Oil pump case bolts to 106-133 inch lbs. (12-15 Nm).
- Oil pump cover screws to 70-106 inch lbs. (8-12 Nm).
- Install the oil relief valve plug and tighten to 29-36 ft. lbs. (39-49 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Oil filter bracket with gasket
- Fill the engine with oil to the correct level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.