Diagnosis & Testing
Check the continuity between the terminals while operating the switch.
When removing the motor be sure that the sunroof is in the fully closed position. Never run the removed motor as a single unit.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Position the sunroof in the fully closed position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the following parts:
Overhead console lamp
Remove sunroof glass:
Remove decoration cover
- Disconnect drain hoses.
Remove sunroof assembly:
NOTEWhen removing the sunroof, carefully pull out the sunroof assembly to avoid damage to the other parts.
Remove bolt and nut.
CAUTIONWhen removing the motor, the guide assembly should be in the fully closed position.
Position motor for reinstallation.
NOTEAlign the position of slider when installing the motor. Be sure to align the center A and B .
- Install bolt and nut and tighten to 61-78 inch lbs. (7-9 Nm).
- Install sunroof assembly and reconnect the drain hoses.
- Install the six sunroof glass mounting screws and tighten to 18-35 inch lbs. (2-4 Nm).
- Installation continues in the reverse order of the removal procedure.