Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- With the MacPherson Strut assembly removed, attach a special tool (0K2A1 341 AA1A) to the coil spring.
Compress the coil spring until there is only a little tension on the strut.
- Remove the self-locking nut at the top end of shock absorber.
Remove the bracket, spring pad, and coil spring.
- Check the rubber parts for damage or deterioration.
- Check the spring for correct height, deformation, deterioration, or damage.
- Check the shock absorber for abnormal resistance or unusual sounds.
Replace parts as needed.
Install the special tool (0K2A1 341 AA1A) and compress the coil spring. After spring is fully compressed, install it on the shock absorber assembly.
- After seating the dust cover, upper spring pad, bushings, and bracket, tighten the new self-locking nut temporarily.
Position the upper and lower ends of the coil spring in the upper spring pad and lower spring seat grooves correctly.
Place the bracket to align the bracket bolt with the projection of the fork bracket in a straight line.
- Remove the special tool (0K2A1 341 AA1A) from the coil spring.
While holding the piston rod of the shock absorber, tighten the new self-locking nut to specification: 15-18 ft. lbs. (20-25 Nm).