Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheel and tire.
Disconnect the wheel speed sensor from the knuckle. Remove the caliper assembly and suspend it with wire.
Remove the ABS sensor and wire.
Using the special tool (09568-34000), disconnect the tie rod end from the knuckle:
- Remove the 2 bolts and disconnect the ball joint from the knuckle.
- Remove the brake disc from the knuckle.
- Remove the split pin and drive shaft castle nut from the front hub.
- Using a plastic hammer, disconnect the drive shaft from the axle hub.
- Loosen the upper arm mounting nut, but do not remove it.
Using the special tool (09568-34000), disconnect the upper arm from the knuckle
- Remove the front axle and knuckle together.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Be careful to follow the torque specifications in the following illustration.