The wheel bearings on these vehicles are not adjustable. To check if the bearing requires service, remove the wheel and tire assembly, brake caliper and disc brake rotor. Install a dial indicator with the indicator foot resting on the wheel hub. Try to move the hub in and out. If there is more than 0.002 in. (0.05mm) bearing play, check the wheel hub nut torque or replace the hub and bearing assembly.
- Check the hub for cracks and the splines for wear.
- Check the snap ring for cracks or damage.
- Check the knuckle inner surface for scoring and cracks.
Cleaning & Repacking
If bearings are worn, replace with a new bearing assembly. The assembly contains sealed bearings.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Remove the snap ring from the knuckle assembly.
Using Special Tool 0K-130-331-AA0A or equivalent slide hammer, disconnect the hub from the knuckle.
Using special Tool 09455-21000 and 09545-34100 or equivalent gear puller, remove the wheel bearing inner race from the hub.