- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Relieve the fuel system pressure. Gain access to the service cover located in the trunk.
- Disconnect the fuel pump electrical connector.
- Start the engine and wait until the fuel in the fuel line is exhausted.
After the engine stalls, turn the ignition switch to the
position and disconnect the negative (-) terminal from the battery.
NOTEBe sure to reduce the fuel pressure before disconnecting the fuel feed hose, otherwise fuel may spill out.
- Disconnect the fuel supply and return hoses from the top of the fuel pump assembly.
- Remove the 6 mounting bolts and remove the fuel pump assembly from the fuel tank.
- Check for unrestricted movement of the fuel level sending unit (fuel tank sender).
Replace unit if faulty.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Fill the tank with fuel and check for proper fuel pump operation as well as fuel level accuracy.