- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Relieve the fuel system pressure. Gain access to the service cover located in the trunk.
- Disconnect the fuel pump electrical connector.
- Start the engine and wait until the fuel in the fuel line is exhausted.
After the engine stalls, turn the ignition switch to the
position and disconnect the negative (-) terminal from the battery.
NOTEBe sure to reduce the fuel pressure before disconnecting the fuel feed hose, otherwise fuel may spill out.
- Disconnect the fuel supply and return hoses from the top of the fuel pump assembly.
Remove the 6 mounting bolts and remove the fuel pump assembly from the fuel tank.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the main muffler.
- Remove the fuel tank cover.
- Remove the fuel filler hose, the fuel hose (connecting the fuel tank with the canister) and the fuel leveling hose.
- Remove the fuel tank band mounting bolts and remove the fuel tank.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Tighten fuel tank mounting bolts to 29-40 ft. lbs. (39-54 Nm).
Fill the tank with fuel and check for proper fuel pump operation.