- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Press the stub shaft out of the hub, use a plaster hammer if necessary.
If removing the left side halfshaft:
- Using a suitable pry bar, pry the inner joint out of the transaxle.
If removing the right side halfshaft:
- Using a suitable pry bar, pry the inner joint out of the center bearing bracket.
- Remove the center bearing bracket mounting bolts.
- Using a suitable pry bar, pry the center bearing bracket from the cylinder block.
- Remove the inner shaft from the transaxle.
Use new circlips, split pins, and self-locking nuts for assembly.
- Apply gear oil on the halfshaft splines and differential case contact surfaces.
- When installing the halfshaft, set the opening side of the circlip so it faces downward.
- Install the inner joint so that the circlip is felt to seat in the retaining groove.
Install or connect the following:
Lower ball joint. Tighten the mounting bolts to 74-88 ft. lbs. (100-120 Nm)
- Check and/or adjust the wheel alignment.