Removal & Installation
This model is equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column, and instrument panel, disable the SRS.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery cable.
- Remove steering wheel and air bag module. Refer to Steering Wheel removal and installation.
- Remove the steering column lower and upper shrouds.
Remove the lower cover.
- Remove the clockspring.
- Disconnect the connectors and remove the multifunction switch.
Prior to installing the clockspring, set it in the neutral position. Refer to the Clockspring Centering section.
- Install the multifunction switch.
- Install the clockspring to the column switch.
- Connect the airbag module harness connectors.
- Install the steering wheel and tighten locknut and washer to 29-36 ft. lbs. (39-49 Nm).
- Secure the airbag module with the new mounting bolts and tighten to 72-96 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Replace upper and lower steering column shrouds.
Reconnect the negative battery cable.