Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery cable.
- Remove steering wheel and air bag module. Refer to Steering Wheel removal and installation.
- Remove the steering column lower and upper shrouds.
Remove the lower cover.
- Remove the clockspring.
- Disconnect the connectors and remove the multifunction switch.
- Install the multifunction switch.
- Install the clockspring to the column switch.
- Connect the airbag module harness connectors.
- Install the steering wheel and tighten locknut and washer to 29-36 ft. lbs. (39-49 Nm).
- Secure the airbag module with the new mounting bolts and tighten to 72-96 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Replace upper and lower steering column shrouds.
Reconnect the negative battery cable.