Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Front door scuff trim
- Disconnect the main instrument panel connect and remove the main instrument panel.
- Remove the cowl crossbar mounting bolts and remove the crossbar assembly.
Remove the heater unit.
Installation is the reverse order of removal. Note the following torques:
- Upper cowl crossbar mounting bolts: 24-40 ft. lbs. (33-55 Nm).
- Lower cowl crossbar mounting bolts: 12-19 ft. lbs. (17-26 Nm).