The shoe adjuster changes the gap between the shoe and the drum.
- Turn the adjuster clockwise to narrow the shoe gap
Turn the adjuster counterclockwise to widen the shoe gap.
Removal & Installation
Remove rear disc brake caliper assembly
NOTEBefore removing the brake disc rotor, make a chalk marking by the bolts to aid in reassembly.
- Remove the rotor.
Remove the shoe hold spring by turning the pin to coincide with hole of spring cap.
- Remove the return spring.
- Disconnect the cable end from the trailing shoe.
Remove the parking brake shoes.
NOTEComplete the removal and installation on one side of the vehicle at a time using the others side as a reference.
- Install the parking brake cable to the operating lever.
- Apply brake grease to return spring and areas of movement on the mechanism, but do not apply grease to the brake shoe material.
- Install the upper return spring and brake shoes.
Turn the adjuster in counter clockwise direction and install.
- Install the lower return spring.
- Install the shoe hold spring with a pliers.
- Install the disc brake and then align the mark while tightening the screw.