Remove the pressure hose from the power steering pump.
NOTEWhen assembling, use a new O-ring.
Disconnect the suction hose from the suction connector and drain the fluid into a container.
CAUTIONWhen removing the suction hose, cover the alternator with vinyl to keep oil from damaging that component.
- Remove the drive belt.
Loosen the tension adjusting bolt to remove the drive belt.
- Remove the power steering pump mounting bolts and disconnect the pressure switch connector.
- Install the power steering pump to the power steering pump bracket.
- Install the suction hose.
- Install the ribbed V-belt and adjust its tension.
Connect the pressure hose to the power steering pump, and the suction hose to the oil reservoir.
NOTEInstall the hoses so that they are not twisted and they do not come in contact with any other parts.
- Replenish the reservoir.
- Bleed the system.
- Check the power steering pump pressure.