Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove Coil Spring and shock absorber assembly. Refer to Coil Spring removal and installation.
Remove the shock absorber lower mounting bolts.
- Remove the upper arm and rear carrier mounting bolts.
- Remove the shock absorber mounting bracket.
- When installing the rear shock absorber, be sure to clear the connecting surface.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Install or connect the following:
Shock absorber mounting bracket tightening to 72-87 ft. lbs. (98-118 Nm).
Testing & Inspection
- Check the rubber parts for damage or deterioration.
- Check the spring for correct height, deformation, deterioration, or damage.
Check the shock absorber for abnormal resistance or unusual sounds.