Check spark plugs for the following:
- Broken insulator
- Worn electrode
- Carbon deposits
- Damaged or broken gasket
- Condition of the porcelain insulator at the tip of the spark plug
Removal & Installation
Remove spark plug wire from the spark plug.
NOTEPull on the spark plug wire boot when removing the spark plug wire, not the wire itself, as it may be damaged.
- Clean loose debris away from area of spark plug to keep contaminants from entering engine when spark plug is removed.
- Remove the spark plug using a spark plug socket and wrench.
- Be sure the spark plug gap is set to 0.043 in. (1.09 mm).
- Carefully install the spark plug and tighten to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-29 Nm).