Removal & Installation
- Turn the ignition OFF , then disconnect the negative battery cable.
Detach the ECU harness connector from the ECU assembly.
WARNINGNever apply a 12V power source to any terminal of the ECU connector when disconnected.
- Tag the installed position of the brake lines entering the HCU for proper installation. Also, thoroughly clean the area on the HCU were the brake lines enter to prevent dirt or foreign particles from entering the HCU when the lines are disconnected.
- Disconnect the brake lines from the HCU.
- Loosen the mounting pin and grommet from the HECU bracket, then remove the HECU from the bracket.
- Unfasten the bolts securing the ECU to the HCU.
- Lift the ECU assembly straight off of the HCU.
Clean the top of the HCU with a clean, dry cloth.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
Disconnect the brake lines from the HECU, using a spanner to unlock the nuts counterclockwise.
- Detach the electrical connector from the HECU.
Remove the 2 HECU brake mounting bolts, then remove the HECU with the bracket.
WARNINGDo not disassembly the HECU. The HECU must be handled very carefully and not subjected to excessive shock.
Remove the 2 HECU mounting nuts (C) and washer, then remove the bracket.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the retainers as follows:
- HECU mounting nuts: 4-7 ft. lbs. (6-10 Nm)
- HECU bracket mounting bolt: 12-19 ft. lbs. (17-26 Nm)