Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
NOTEDo not remove the cylinder head until the engine drops below normal operating temperature.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the timing belt.
- Remove the intake manifold.
- Remove the exhaust manifolds.
- Remove the cylinder head covers.
- Remove the camshafts.
Remove the rocker arms and lash adjusters.
NOTEKeep all valve train components in order for assembly.
- Remove the cylinder head bolts.
Remove the cylinder heads.
- Install the cylinder heads with new gaskets. Tighten the bolts in sequence to 78-85 ft. lbs. (105-115 Nm).
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.