Removal & Installation
- Place the vehicle-s wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 3 minute for the air bag back-up power supply to deplete its stored energy before continuing.
Remove the steering column lower cover
Loosen the four lower steering column cover screws and separate upper and lower steering column covers
Loosen four bolts from steering wheel and remove steering wheel cover
- Detach the horn switch connector.
- Make an alignment matchmark on the steering wheel and steering shaft for installation purposes.
- Remove the nut from the end of the steering shaft.
Use a suitable puller to remove the steering wheel.
- Loosen the 3 screws, then remove the clock spring.
- Loosen the 3 combination switch screws.
- Detach the combination switch off steering column shaft.
- Slide the combination switch off of the steering column shaft.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.