Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transaxle.
- Gradually loosen the clutch pressure plate bolts, in a crisscross pattern. Support the pressure plate and remove the bolts. Remove the pressure plate and clutch disc.
- Inspect the pilot bearing. If it is worn or damaged and does not turn easily by hand, remove it using a puller/slide hammer.
- Check the flywheel surface for scoring, cracks or burning and machine or replace, as necessary.
- Install a flywheel holder to keep the flywheel from turning. Loosen the flywheel bolts evenly and gradually in a crisscross pattern. Remove the flywheel.
- Inspect the clutch release bearing for wear. Replace it if it sticks or does not turn easily.
- Inspect the release fork for wear or damage and replace as necessary.
- Lubricate the release fork fingers and pivot with molybdenum grease and install in the release fork boot.
- Install the clutch release bearing on the release fork.
- Install a new pilot bearing in the flywheel, if removed.