The vehicle speed sensor sends a signal to the ECM. The ECM uses this information to control transmission shift patterns.
- Using an ohmmeter, check for continuity between connector B02-18 and the vehicle speed sensor B18-2.
- If there is continuity, install a known good sensor and recheck. Replace the sensor, as required.
- If there is no continuity, check for open circuit between connector B18-2 and ECM connector B02-18. Repair as required.
- Turn the ignition switch ON.
- Using a voltmeter measure the voltage between the wheel speed sensor signal terminal and ground.
- Specification should be B+ at ignition ON and 0-B+ at driving.
- If the voltage is not within specification, install a known good sensor and recheck. Replace the sensor, as required.
If the voltage is within specification, check for poor terminal contacts. If okay, check for open circuit or short circuit between VSS and ECM. Repair as required. **Spectra**