Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
- Record the radio anti theft code data.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover, as necessary.
- Remove the accessory drive belt(s).
- Remove the crankshaft pulley bolt and crankshaft pulley.
Install the crankshaft pulley. Tighten the bolt, as follows:
- 1.5L and 1.6L (VIN 5) engines: 28-38 ft. lbs. (38-51 Nm)
- 1.6L (VIN 3) engines: 101-109 ft. lbs. (137-148 Nm)
- 1.8L engines: 9-13 ft. lbs. (12-18 Nm)
- 2.0L engines: 123-130 ft. lbs. (167-176 Nm)
- 2.4L engines: 80-94 ft. lbs. (108-127 Nm)
- 2.7L engines: 130-138 ft. lbs. (176-187 Nm)
- Install the engine cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Reprogram the radio anti theft codes.