Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the timing belt covers and belt.
- Remove the timing belt pulley using a puller.
- Remove the oil pump bolts and the pump.
- Wrap a suitable prytool with a rag and work the old seal from the oil pump housing.
- Lubricate the seal lip with clean engine oil and push the seal slightly in by hand.
- Install the seal using a seal installer. Install the seal until it is flush with the oil pump body.
- Install the timing belt.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.