When performing this procedure, do NOT start the vehicle-s engine until instructed to do so. This procedure will require the help of an assistant.
- Carefully raise the front end of the vehicle and support with safety stands.
- Check the power steering pump fluid level.
- Turn the ignition key to the ON position, to unlock the steering column, but do NOT start the engine.
- Turn the steering wheel fully from left to right and back several times with the engine not running.
- Recheck the fluid level, and add as necessary.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the fluid level stabilizes.
- Start the engine and let it idle.
- Turn the steering wheel fully from left to right and back several times.
- Check to make sure the fluid is not foamy and that the fluid level has not dropped.
- If necessary, add fluid and repeat steps 8 and 9.