Removal & Installation
Sephia, Spectra & Optima
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the side trim panels from the inside of the trunk or the rear seat and trim, as required.
- Remove the top mounting nuts from the strut mounting block assembly.
- Remove the rear wheels. The suspension will drop when the weight lifts off the wheels.
- Remove the brake line or wiring retainers as required.
- Remove the bottom strut mount retainers.
Remove the strut.
- Install the strut into the strut tower.
- Install the strut mounting nuts and tighten to 17-22 ft. lbs. (23-29 Nm) for Sephia and Spectra, or to 15-18 ft. lbs. (20-25 Nm) for Optima.
- Install the strut-to-knuckle bolts and tighten to 69-86 ft. lbs. (93-116 Nm) for Sephia and Spectra or to 59-66 ft. lbs. (80-90 Nm) for Optima.
- Install the clips or bolts attaching the brake hose and/or ABS sensor harness.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Install the side trim panels from the inside of the trunk or the rear seat and trim, if removed.