- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
- Remove the axle halfshaft from the vehicle and place it in a vise.
- Remove the T.S.J boot band and pull the boot away from T.S.J outer race.
- Remove the circlip using a screwdriver.
- Remove the drive shaft from the T.S.J outer race.
- Remove the snap ring and disassemble the inner race and ball from the shaft.
- Remove the B.J boot band and pull out the T.S.J boot and the B.J boot.
If the boot is reused, wrap a tape around the drive shaft splines to protect the boot.
- Wrap tape around the drive shaft spline (T.S.J side) to avoid boot damage.
- Install the outer and inner joint boots.
- Install the inner race and ball to the shaft, then install the snap ring.
- Install the drive shaft into the T.S.J outer race and install the circlip.
- Apply CV joint grease to the drive shaft and position the boots over each joint.
- Install the boot clamps. Pull on the clamp end with pliers and fold the locking tabs over to lock the clamp in place.
- Install the axle halfshaft to the vehicle.