Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
- Remove the transmission.
- Insert the special tool (09411-43000) in the clutch disc to prevent the disc from shifting.
- Loosen the bolts which attach the clutch cover to the flywheel in a star pattern. Loosen the bolts in succession, one or two turns at a time, to avoid bending the cover.
- Remove the pressure plate bolts and remove the clutch plate and disc.
- Apply multipurpose grease to the spline of the disc.
- Install the clutch disc assembly to the flywheel using a centering tool.
- Install the clutch cover assembly to the flywheel and temporarily tighten the bolts one or two steps at a time in a star pattern. Tighten the clutch cover bolts in sequence to 11-16 ft. lbs. (15-22 Nm) and remove the centering tool.
- Check the release bearing condition and lubricate or replace as necessary.
- Install the transmission.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transmission from the vehicle.
- Insert tool (09411-43000) or equivalent in the clutch dis. This prevents the disc from shifting.
- Loosen the bolts that attach the clutch pressure plate to the flywheel in a star pattern. Loosen the bolts in succession, one or two turns at a time in order to prevent bending the pressure plate.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Torque the pressure plate retaining bolts to 11-16 ft. lbs. (15-22 Nm).