The idle speed control actuator sensor is a double coil type driven by separate driver stages in the ECM. Depending on the pulse duty factor, the equilibrium of the magnetic forces of the two coils will result in different angles of the motor. A bypass line is positioned, parallel to the throttle valve where the idle speed actuator is inserted.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor retaining screws.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Disconnect the connector at the sensor. Connect an ohmmeter.
- Measure the resistance between terminal 1 and 3, specification should be 36.5-39.5 ohms, at 68 degrees F.
- Measure the resistance between terminal 4 and 6, specification should be 36.5-39.5 ohms, at 68 degrees F.
- If the measured value is not within specification, replace the sensor.