This sensor is a resistor based sensor which detects the intake air temperature. According to the intake air temperature reading the ECM/PCM will control the necessary amount of fuel injection.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor retaining screws, as required.
- Remove the air cleaner and air intake assembly, as required.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure the engine is at operating temperature.
- Remove the sensor connector.
- Using a voltmeter, measure the output voltage.
- Specification should be 0.5 volt at idle and 1.0 volt at 2000 rpm.
- Replace the sensor, as required.