- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Disconnect the coolant sensor harness connector.
- Remove the engine coolant temperature sensor.
- Apply thread sealant to the sensor threads.
- Install the coolant sensor and tighten it to 29 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
- Fill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Drain the cooling system, as required.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.