Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the starter motor.
- Remove the oil pressure switch.
- Remove the oil filter.
- Remove the lower oil pan.
- Remove the upper oil pan.
- Apply silicone sealant to the grove of the oil pan flange.
Install the upper oil pan and tighten the bolts in sequence as follows:
- Bolts 1-14: 7-9 ft. lbs. (10-12 Nm).
- Bolts 15 and 16: 4-5 ft. lbs. (5-7 Nm).
- Bolts 17 and 18: Upper oil pan-to-transaxle mounting bolts: 22-30 ft. lbs. (29-41 Nm).
- Apply sealant to the threads, then install the oil pressure switch and tighten to 6-9 ft. lbs. (8-12 Nm).
- Install the lower oil pan and tighten the bolts in sequence to 7-9 ft. lbs. (10-12 Nm).
- Install the oil filter.
- Install the starter motor.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the crankcase to the correct level with en