- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the axle halfshaft from the vehicle and place it in a vise.
- Remove the T.S.J boot band and pull the boot away from T.S.J outer race.
- Remove the circlip using a screwdriver.
- Remove the driveshaft from the T.S.J outer race.
- Remove the snap ring and disassemble the inner race and ball from the shaft.
Remove the B.J boot band and pull out the T.S.J boot and the B.J boot.
NOTEIf the boot is reused, wrap a tape around the driveshaft splines to protect the boot.
- Wrap tape around the driveshaft spline (T.S.J side) to avoid boot damage.
- Install the outer and inner joint boots.
- Install the inner race and ball to the shaft, then install the snap ring.
- Install the driveshaft into the T.S.J outer race and install the circlip.
- Apply CV joint grease to the driveshaft and position the boots over each joint.
- Install the boot clamps. Pull on the clamp end with pliers and fold the locking tabs over to lock the clamp in place.
- Install the axle halfshaft to the vehicle.
The outer CV joint (B.J.) is serviced only with the axle halfshaft as an assembly. The outer CV joint (B.J.) boot can be serviced by first removing the inner Tripod joint (T.S.J.).