Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the lock nut from front hub.
- Remove the upper control arm link lock bolt, spring washer and nut.
- Remove tie rod end cotter pin and using a ball joint puller, remove tie rod end from steering knuckle.
- Mark driveshaft for identical installation position.
- Using tool, pry the driveshaft from the differential housing. Separate the right halfshaft from the intermediate shaft.
Remove the axle halfshafts from the front knuckle. It may be necessary to tap the stub shaft with a brass hammer to remove the axles.
- Coincide the joining mark between the driveshaft and the differential and insert the shaft.
- Install the knuckle assembly. Tighten the ball joint castle nut to 51-57 ft. lbs. (70-80 Nm).
- Install the upper arm link lock bolt and tighten to 32-39 ft. lbs. (44-55 Nm).
- Tighten the lock nut to 177-198 ft. lbs. (245-275 Nm) and then caulk the flange of lock nut on the end of driveshaft.
- Install the front wheels.