Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the gear oil.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the driveshaft.
- Remove the drive pinion.
- Remove the pinion seal
- Install a new pinion seal lightly coated with clean gear oil.
- Install the drive pinion.
- Rotate the pinion flange occasionally while tightening the flange nut and make certain that the pinion bearings are seated properly.
- Install the driveshaft after aligning the matchmarks.
- Install the wheels.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Fill the gear oil to the proper level.
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks, repair if necessary.