- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Pull on the parking brake lever with a force of 22 lbs. (10 kg) and count the number of notches. Standard value is 4-6 notches.
If the parking brake lever stroke is outside the standard value, adjust it as follows:
- Loosen the adjusting nut to release the parking brake cable.
- Remove the adjusting hole plug.
- Turn the adjuster nut to adjust the parking brake lever stroke to the specification.
- After adjustment, raise the rear of the vehicle and check that the parking brake does not drag.