Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support it with safety stands.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Raise the rear axle housing to facilitate removal of the shock absorbers.
- Remove stabilizer link upper mounting nut.
- Remove the rear shock absorber lower nut and washer. Remove the shock absorber upper bolt, and then remove the shock absorber.
- Lower the rear axle housing slowly to facilitate removal of the coil spring.
- Remove the upper rubber seat.
- Position the upper rubber seat to the coil spring. Align the spring end with the groove of the spring pad and fix the spring and the spring pad by adhering the 3 parts with tape.
- Slowly raise the rear axle housing while installing the coil spring.
- Install the shock absorber and upper nut. Tighten the nut to 88-101 ft. lbs. (122-140 Nm).
- Install the shock absorber lower bolt and tighten the bolt to 88-101 ft. lbs. (122-140 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer link upper mounting nut.
- Install the rear wheels.
- Remove the safety stands and lower the vehicle.