Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the window defroster wiring harness connector.
- Remove the trim fasteners and the upper trim.
- Disconnect the harness connector and remove the high-mounted brake light.
- Remove the lower tailgate trim.
- Remove the tailgate screen.
- Remove the rear wiper arm and blade.
- Disconnect the harness connectors and remove the wiper control unit.
- Remove the wiper motor cover, nut, and bolts and remove the wiper motor.
- Install the wiper motor. Tighten the bolts to 84 inch lbs. (11 Nm) and the nut to 48 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the wiper control unit and connect the harness.
- Install the wiper arm and blade.
- Install the lower tailgate trim.
- Install the high-mount brake light.
- Install the upper tailgate trim.
- Connect the defroster harness connectors.
- Connect the negative battery cable.