Removal & Installation
- Turn ignition to the "OFF" position and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vehicle harness connectors from the ECU assembly.
- Remove the nuts attaching the HECU bracket to the fender.
Rotate the assembly so that access is provided to all four bolts that mount the ECU to the HCU.
NOTEBefore removing the ECU from the HCU, thoroughly clean the assembly to prevent dirt particles from falling into the ports of HCU.
- Remove the bolts securing the ECU to the HCU.
Carefully lift the ECU carefully off the HCU and disconnect the motor electrical connector.
NOTECover the top of the HCU with a clean dry cloth until reassembly.
- Inspect the seal on the ECU to ensure there are no nicks or cracks. If any signs of deterioration are present, replace the seal before proceeding.
- Carefully install the replacement ECU onto the HCU.
- Connect the motor electrical connector.
Torque the ECU bolts in the following two steps as follows:
- Start all bolts into the HCU and hand tighten.
- Torque in the sequence shown until a final torque of 3 ft. lbs. (4 Nm) is achieved for each bolt.
- Reconnect the vehicle harness connectors.
- Reinstall nuts attaching the mounting bracket to the fender. Tighten the fasteners to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Road test vehicle to ensure proper operation of the base and ABS systems.