Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Using a line wrench, disconnect the flexible hose from the steel hydraulic line.
NOTETo prevent loss of brake fluid during clutch master cylinder removal, the disconnected hydraulic fluid transfer hose must be plugged or directed into suitable container.
- Remove the hydraulic line retaining clip
- Remove the two mounting bolts and remove the slave cylinder from the transmission housing.
- With the push rod in the clutch arm detent, attach the slave cylinder to the transmission case. Tighten the two mounting bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Using a line wrench, connect the flexible hose to the steel hydraulic line and secure with the retaining clip.
- Refill the fluid to the proper level.
- Bleed the system as necessary.
Connect the negative battery cable.