Description & Operation
The camshaft position sensor senses the TDC point of the number one cylinder, on its compression stroke. Its signal is relayed to the ECM to be used to determine the sequence of fuel injection.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the mounting bolts.
- Remove the sensor, from the cylinder head.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure the ignition switch is OFF.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Install a known good component.
- If the sensor is functioning properly, replace it.