This sensor is a resistor based sensor which detects the intake air temperature. According to the intake air temperature reading the ECM/PCM will control the necessary amount of fuel injection.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor retaining screws, as required.
- Remove the air cleaner and air intake assembly, as required.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical connector.
- Using an ohmmeter measure the resistance between terminal 1 and 2 (component side).
- Specification should be 2.21-2.69 ohms at 68 degrees F.
- Replace the sensor, as required.