This sensor is a pressure sensitive variable resistor. It measures the changes in the intake manifold pressure which result from engine load and speed changes, and converts to a voltage output. This sensor is used to measure the barometric pressure at start up, and under certain conditions, allows the ECM to automatically adjust for different altitudes.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor retaining screws.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Apply vacuum to the EGR differential pressure sensor, using a vacuum pump.
- Turn the ignition switch ON.
- With the EGR differential pressure sensor still connected, measure the voltage at the ERGR differential pressure sensor connector (pin 3 gry).
Specifications are as follows:
6.0 inch Hg approximately 3.6 volts
- If not within specification, replace the sensor.