The MAF provides a signal to the ECM for incoming air temperature. This information is used to adjust the injector pulse width and in turn the air/fuel ratio.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
- Remove the air cleaner and air intake assembly, as required.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Allow the engine to reach operating temperature.
- Let the engine idle.
- Connect a voltmeter between terminal 4 (red/grn) and ground.
- Verify that the voltage varies between 0.8-1.2 volts.
- Rev the engine and verify that the voltage varies between 3.5-4.0 volts.
- If not within specification, replace the sensor.