Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Locate the oil pressure sensor on the left rear of the engine block near the oil filter.
- Disconnect the oil pressure sensor electrical connector.
- Position a drain pan under the sensor to catch any spilled engine oil.
- Unthread the sensor from its mounting to remove.
- Inspect the oil pressure sensor connector for poor connections, loose wires, bent, broken or corroded pins, and then verify that the connector is always securely fastened.