Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal. Proceed to remove the hose at the resonance chamber.
- Remove one bolt and the resonance chamber, and then remove the two accelerator cable bracket bolts from the valve cover.
- Remove the two air intake tubes-to-valve cover bolts.
- Disconnect the accelerator cable by pulling back on the throttle shaft and rotating the accelerator cable until it lines up with the slot in the pulley.
- Loosen the air hose clamp from the air intake hose to the MAF sensor.
- Remove the IAC and breather hoses, and the vacuum line from the air intake tube.
- Remove the three bolts from the air intake tube to the throttle body and remove the air intake tube and air intake hose as an assembly.
- Remove the six coil cover bolts from the top of the valve cover.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the ignition coils.
- Remove the four bolts (two each) from the ignition coils to the valve cover.
- Remove the spark plug wires from the spark plugs.
- Remove the 15 valve cover bolts.
- Remove the valve cover.
- Place a small amount of sealer at the corners of the float camshaft caps and the distributor mounting cap.
- Place valve cover on top of cylinder head.
- Secure cover with 15 bolts and tighten to 35-52 inch lbs. (4-6 Nm).