Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the inner garnish trim.
- Remove the three rearview mirror assembly retaining screws.
- Pull out the outside rearview mirror assembly and disconnect the wire harness connector.
- Remove the large washer from the wire harness.
- Remove the outside rearview mirror assembly.
- Install the large washer on the wire harness.
- Connect the wire harness connector.
- Position the outside rearview mirror assembly on the door.
- Install three retaining screws.
- Install the inner garnish trim.
Connect the negative battery cable.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONAfter disconnecting the negative battery cable, wait for at least 10 minutes for the air bag module to deplete its stored energy.
- Remove the two instrument cluster trim mounting screws.
- Disconnect instrument cluster switch electrical connectors and remove the trim.
- From the backside of the trim panel, push on the mounting tabs on the switch housing while pressing on the switch until the tabs clear the cluster trim switch housing. Continue pushing on the end of the switch until it is clear of the trim and remove switch.
- Mount the switch in the instrument cluster trim.
- Press on the switch until the tabs on the switch locks into place.
- Connect the five switch electrical connectors.
- Place the instrument cluster trim into the front of the instrument cluster and secure with the two screws.
Connect the battery.