Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the locking hub.
- Remove the wheel bearing hub.
- Remove the dust cover.
- Remove the upper control arm link lock bolt, spring washer and nut.
- Remove the tie rod end cotter pin and using a ball joint puller, remove tie rod end from steering knuckle.
- Remove lower control arm cotter pin using a ball joint puller, and remove control arm from steering knuckle.
Remove steering knuckle from vehicle and, using a screwdriver, pry out inner oil seal.
- Using a needle bearing puller, remove the needle bearing.
- Using SST K95B-5011-A, or equivalent, install the bearing.
- Install a new oil seal.
- Apply grease to the needle bearing and seal lip.
- If the spacer was removed, apply grease to both sides and install on the halfshaft end.
- Put the steering knuckle on the halfshaft end with the upper and lower ball joints in mounting holes. Attach the lower control arm, tighten lock nut, and install a new cotter pin. Tighten the lock nut to 110 ft. lbs. (148 Nm). Never back off the nut to align the cotter pin holes.
- Attach the tie rod end to the knuckle, tighten the lock nut to 27 ft. lbs. (36 Nm) and install a new cotter pin. Never back off the nut to align the cotter pin holes.
- Insert the upper control arm link lock bolt with spring washer and tighten the nut to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm).
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal.