Removal & Installation
Before servicing, or working around, the SRS system, properly disarm the system.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Position the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnect the positive battery cable.
- Remove the air bag module.
- Remove the steering wheel nut.
- Mark the steering wheel and the steering shaft so that their relative positions will be know during re-installation.
- Using a suitable puller, remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the four screws securing the steering column panel and remove the upper and lower column panels
Remove the combination switch as follows:
- Remove the three combination switch retaining screws.
- Disconnect the three electrical connectors.
- Remove the switch assembly.
- Install the combination switch. Connect the three electrical connectors and secure with the three retaining screws.
- Install the upper and lower column covers and secure with the four retaining screws.
Properly align the steering wheel to the shaft and install the steering wheel.
WARNINGThe clockspring connector may be damaged in the steering wheel is installed off-center.
- Tighten the steering wheel retaining nut to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Install the air bag module
Connect the battery.